Blogger Tips And Tricks|Latest Tips For BloggersFree BacklinksBlogger Tips And Tricks

FFC #36 - Anything Goes

Welcome to Funday Friday Challenge #36 over at  Jo's Scrap Shack.  This week our theme is Anything Goes.

Prizes this week come from our sponsors Paper Nest Dolls and Bugaboo - all details over at Jo's.

This week I decided to put together a Kaisercraft 25 Drawer Treasure Chest that I purchased to sort out my chipboard alphas. 
The project comes as a flat pack the "drawers" themselves are chipboard and the shelving is a light wood.

Firstly I painted all the wooden sections on both sides with black acrylic paint.

As that was drying I folded up all the drawers and covered them on all four sides with patterned papers.  I labelled each drawer with a letter of the alphabet A-V, then WX and YZ shared a drawer and the last drawer is for punctuation marks.
Just a shot of a couple of the drawers as I was sorting my alphas
Once my wooden pieces were dry I assembled the wooden chest.  All that was needed was some patience and a hammer.  No nails or screws the pieces were shaped and had the holes in all the appropriate places.  I am very pleased with how they all turned out.  Maybe now that all my alphas are at my fingertips I might use them more often.



I hope you join in with us - Come on get creative.

The challenge will be open
Friday February 7th @ 2pm USA Central time until
Friday February 14th  @ 6pm USA Central time

The Top 3 will earn a Funday Friday Top 3 Badge. 

All Top 3 winners will earn an entry into the monthly drawing which will be announced at the end of the month.  Pop on over to Jo's Scrap Shack to link your creation via the linky tool. 

Winners will be announced Monday February 17th at Jo's Scrap Shack . 

I'm excited to see what you create!

Challenge Rules
1. Please post a direct link to your card/layout/project post that includes your challenge, using the linky tool at Jo's
2. Be sure to include a link back to our challenge on your blog
3. You may enter the challenge up to three (3) times as long as you post a separate blog post for each entry.
4. All entries must be NEW and created for the current challenge.
5. You may combine with other challenges as long as you link back to us in your post.
 * All entries that do not meet the challenge requirements will not be eligible for top 3 or random/monthly wins.
Monthly prizes can only be mailed to USA and Canada at this time.


Have a great week

Kellie 0:)


6 comments:

  • Brenda | February 8, 2014 at 9:08 AM

    This is fabulous Kellie! I love anything Kaisercraft! I think they have the best advent calendars and now I am loving this chest. Very cute and functional, love the papers you used and the alpha letters for each drawer. Very handy indeed! Hugs!

  • Tina Campbell | February 8, 2014 at 9:13 AM

    Cool project and smart way to hold all those alphas

  • Mayras Designs | February 8, 2014 at 10:22 AM

    What a fantastic project ! I love the design , and what a great way to store your alphas ! Happy to be on this design team with you !

    Hugs,
    Mayra
    Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

  • MaryH | February 8, 2014 at 2:56 PM

    This is so awesome Kellie. What a way to get organized. You did an outstanding assembly & decorating job. Bet it will make your life so much easier to have these right at your fingertips and labeled so you know just how to find the specific piece! TFS & Hugs Happy wkend.

  • Melissa | February 9, 2014 at 1:53 AM

    Wow, this is gr8t!!! Glad to be designing with you!

  • ~ Jo ~ | February 9, 2014 at 8:53 PM

    Kellie this chest of drawers turned out fabulous!!! I just love how you painted it and then customized it with different patterns and colors of paper. Really pops and is a beautiful piece of décor! Great way to store those alphabet letters! Nice job!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a note. I love to hear from you xx