Welcome to Funday Friday Challenge #12 over at Jo's Scrap Shack
Our challenge this week is H2O - Create a project with a water theme.
Beach, bath, washing, swimming - anything to do with water.
Each of the design team has used a digital stamp from our sponsor this week Limited Run Stamps.
This gorgeous digi is called Beachy Cupcake.
I used a combination of Copic and Spectrum Noir Markers.
These are the colours used.
I coloured four copies of the digi in separate areas to enable me to layer different parts of the image giving it a 3D look e.g. on one image I coloured the water and the sand "icing" on the next.
You can see from the photo the different areas that are popped up. The bottom layer is the water layer. Next is the sand "icing" Onto this is the bucket and back of the sandcastle. The topmost layer is the front if the sandcastle.
I had never tried a step card previously so once I coloured my cute digi I knew that it would look great popped in the centre of one.
I hand cut and scored my base card. I embossed a piece of white card with a Fiscars texture plate. I then inked it with Close To My Heart "Ocean" Ink. I inked the edges of the embossed piece and then inked the edges of my whole base. I then embossed a yellow scrap CS with Spellbinders "Circles" Impressabilities. I cut this in half and attached them to the side panels.
My sentiment was created using 2 pieces of Word Art and then I added the lines to create the tail. This was then printed on another scrap piece of the yellow CS. To get it to print on the scrap I print it on a piece of scrap paper and then attach my cardstock scrap on top and print it again.
I hope you join in with us this week - Come on get creative.
The challenge will be open
Friday August 9th @ 12am USA Central time until
Friday August 16th @ 6pm USA Central time
The Top 3 will earn a Funday Friday Top 3 Badge.
All Top 3 winners will earn an entry into the monthly drawing which will be announced at the end of July. Pop on over to Jo's Scrap Shack to link your creation via the linky tool.
Winners will be announced Monday August 19th at Jo's Scrap Shack .
I'm excited to see what you create!
1. Please post a direct link to your card/layout/project post that includes your challenge, using the linky tool at Jo's
2. Be sure to include a link back to our challenge on your blog
3. You may enter the challenge up to three (3) times as long as you post a separate blog post for each entry.
4. All entries must be NEW and created for the current challenge.
5. You may combine with other challenges as long as you link back to us in your post.
* All entries that do not meet the challenge requirements will not be eligible for top 3 or random/monthly wins.