Our challenge this week is to be inspired by this beautiful photo to create a card, layout or altered project.
The challenge will be open
Friday June 7th @ 12am USA Central time until
Friday June 14th @ 6pm USA Central time
The Top 3 will earn a Funday Friday Top 3 Badge.
All Top 3 winners will earn an entry into the monthly drawing which will be announced at the end of June. Pop on over to Jo's Scrap Shack to link your creation via the linky tool.
Winners will be announced Monday June 17th at Jo's Scrap Shack .
I'm excited to see what you create with this photo!
My first inspiration came from the geometry of the side table, so I have matted different areas of my card. My base is white card stock with the first layer of yellow paper.
The next inspiration comes from the padded room divider. I embossed some yellow paper using a Fiskars texture plate "Bubbles". I then rubbed the raised area with Stampin Up Encore gold ink. This piece was then matted with black card. The sentiment stamp comes from Close to My Heart - "For Every Occasion".
I was next inspired by the black and yellow throw pillow. I stamped the flowers from Darkroom Door's "Full Bloom Vol 2" onto my piece of yellow scrap. I then inked the edges and matted it onto black CS. This was then mounted on foam tape and positioned on the card front.
My simple card is going to be used as a sympathy card for a family friends who lost their sister in a tragic accident recently.
1. Please post a direct link to your card/project post that includes your challenge, using the linky tool at Jo's
2. Be sure to include a link back to our challenge on your blog
3. You may enter the challenge as many times as you want as long as you post a separate blog post for each entry.
4. All entries must be NEW and created for the current challenge.
5. You may combine with other challenges as long as you link back to us in your post.
* All entries that do not meet the challenge requirements will not be eligible for top 3 or random/monthly wins.
Monthly prizes can only be mailed to USA and Canada at this time.
Have a great week