Blogger Tips And Tricks|Latest Tips For BloggersFree BacklinksBlogger Tips And Tricks

Window Card

This weeks challenge with Joann @ Jo's Scrap Shack is to use a window on a card with embossing and a ribbon.

I decided to dust off my Klic N Kut machine to cut the window in my card. I found a wonderful free file "Gothic Window 4" amongst many wonderful free files in a variety of file types over at Monica's Creative Room. I know I am going to go back there for more files. So intricate and they cut beautifully. I cut the whole window on black card stock and the center of the window out of my card base.

I then embossed the front of the card in my cuttlebug with my Sizzix for Stampin Up "Textured Impressions Square Lattice folder. I lined the windows up without adhering and I placed the negative of the black cardstock over the top to mask off the area. Removing my gothic window I then sponged the area with yellow and orange ink so it becomes the stained glass around the edge once the window is adhered which I did next after spraying the back with adhesive. I edged the front with a copic maker.



Next I cut a piece of plastic large enough to adhere across the window opening. I then stamped my image from Close To My Heart - "Angelic Blessings" Set on to the plastic and coloured the opposite side with copic markers. After adhering it behind the window opening I placed an insert into the card and tied my purple organza ribbon along the fold. Thanks for stopping by.

I look forward to seeing you next week for our next challenge to use stamps and stencils.

Kellie 0:)

1 comments:

  • ~ Jo ~ | March 14, 2013 at 7:42 PM

    Kellie I just LOVE this card! You did an amazing job coloring that gorgeous image! I love the window file you used for this card. It is very intricute and really does look like its stained glass. Love it!

    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a note. I love to hear from you xx